Training programme for ITI students and rural youth to be trained as Solar technicians in coordination with National Level trainers approved by MNRE (Karnataka State)
This three days training programme is designed to train rural educated youth, ITI students, and Forest department watchers to maintain and service SPVs, solar water heaters, solar lanterns, etc so that trained rural youth will be readily available to attend to the repair/maintenance of solar water heaters, solar photovoltaic systems, etc in the rural areas.
Availability of well trained maintenance personnel in the rural areas will help in ensuring the unhindered functioning of solar house lighting systems mostly supplied by Govt to eligible beneficiaries, which are found to go defunct in about a year’s time for want of proper and timely maintenance. If maintained these solar systems can remain functional for 5-8 years, when the battery has to be changed if it goes weak.
- To provide training on maintenance and servicing of SPV’s and other solar devices.
- Participants will be equipped with information and skills to handle the failure of renewable energy especially solar street lights.
- Employment potential is created automatically.
- Trained rural youth will get an opportunity to earn their lively hood by using these skills.
- Increased life time of solar devices and SPV’s due to better maintenance and timely servicing.
Government ITI College, Vittal, Dakshin Kannada from 12th to 14th October 2017
Click here for Report on “3 DAYS TECHNICIAN TRAINING ON SOLAR PV AND SOLAR THERMAL TECHNOLOGY”